As a Netezza consultant and Netezza DBA I’ve worked on IBM Netezza (PureData for Analytics) servers now across all generations – Mustang, TwinFin, Striper, and Mako database appliances. My background includes consulting and working on Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server instances as well. I have done all types of SQL development as well as database administration (DBA) work on Netezza throughout this time. Consulting services I offer are listed but not limited to the following:
- Database Backup and Restore – working with both speed of tasks as well as warm disaster recovery (DR) accomplished via backup shipping, when multiple physical devices are present. (setting up UAT as DR, for example)
- Performance Assessment – review of your current system state and health, resource utilization, and object structure
- ETL (and ELT) design, assessment, and review
- Data Model design and review, reporting sql layer design and review (ex: Business Objects Universe, Tableau on Netezza)
- Report design, review, and optimization (ex: SAS on Netezza)
- Query History Reporting – performance over time across databases, users, tools (ex: average and 90th percentile performance of Cognos queries)
- General development and more – just ask!